Angela Thomas, FNP
Angela Thomas is a supportive health care team member, with an understanding of rural health from her years of employment as a primary care provider and registered nurse in the Mount Shasta and Columbia River Gorge areas. She is aware of the health care needs in rural and underserved populations and am aims to use her experience and education to benefit the overall health of these communities. She has a passion to help underserved and underinsured populations. She strives to be a life long learner who has a positive impact on the health of her community.
She has additional experience in dermatology, pain management, addiction medicine, surgery, and urgent care. She enjoys learning new specialties and expanding her knowledge with the areas in which she has experience.
More About Angela:
Acute Care Provider
Joined Lassen Medical Clinic:
- August 2019
- Dignity Health Mercy Lake Shastina community Clinic, Weed CA
Primary care provider, family practice and addiction medicine
May 2016 – Present
- Family Medicine, Goldendale WA
Primary Care Provider, family practice
January 2014 – April 2016
- Columbia Gorge Community College, The Dalles OR
Clinical nursing instructor
August 2011 – December 2013
- Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital, Hood River OR
Surgical nurse and first assist
August 2004 – August 2011
- State of California Corrections-Pelican Bay Prison, Crescent City CA
January 2003 – August 2004
- Providence Medford Medical Center, Medford OR
May 2000 – January 2003
- Mid-Columbia Medical Center, The Dalles OR
Medical Surgical Unit Nurse
September 1994 – May 2000
- Active member of Siskiyou Coalition addressing the Opioid Epidemic. SARA: Siskiyou Against Rx AbuseVolunteer Medical team (sideline provider) for high school sports, Goldendale WA.
- Volunteer for high school sports physical clinics.
- Volunteer for Annual Health Fair to help educated the community about preventative services.
- Volunteer at local fairs and community gatherings to help promote the family practice clinic.
- Volunteer HIV, STD, pregnancy prevention training at North Columbia Correctional Facility, The Dalles OR.
- Volunteer STD and pregnancy prevention training at The Dalles Alternative School, The Dalles OR.
- Volunteer Disaster Preparedness Member Wasco County, The Dalles OR.
- Volunteer Wasco County Animal Rescue and Adoption, The Dalles OR.
- Volunteer Wasco County Drug and Alcohol Prevention Coalition, The Dalles OR.
- DEA# MT3152220, XM3152220
- Basic Life Support (BLS) 1990-current
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) 2000-current
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) 2005-current
- Certified Nurse in Operating Room (CNOR) 2006-on hold
- Registered Nurse First Assist (RNFA) 2006-current
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AAPN), 2012
- American Operating Room Nurses Association (AORN) 2000
- Oregon Nurses Association (ONA), 1994
- National Student Nurses Association, 1992-1994
- Opioid and controlled substance committee for guideline development and updating. Mount Shasta, CA.
- Recruitment and Retention committee, Goldendale, WA.
- EMR start up committee, Goldendale, WA.
- Scribe program coordinator and educator, Goldendale, WA.
- CNA educator, Goldendale, WA.
- Washington State University (Vancouver, WA)
August 2011-December 2013
Masters in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner Program of Study, GPA 3.8
630 clinical immersion hours competed. Program completed December 2013.
- Oregon Health and Science University (Portland, OR)
August 1999 – December 2005
Bachelors of Science Nursing Degree, GPA 3.8
200 clinical immersion hours logged.
- Clatsop Community College (Astoria, OR)
August 1992 – June 1994
Associates in Nursing Science Degree, GPA 3.96
300 clinical immersion hours logged.