Red Oaks Medical Group has been providing Northern California with exemplary medical care for over 60 years. Although its origin was in family practice, Red Oaks Medical Group now provides services in Osteopathic Medicine, Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Pediatrics, Dermatology, Occupational Health, Ear Nose and Throat specialty and Acute Care. Over the years Red Oaks Medical Group has grown its practice to over 30 providers and 75,000 active patients. We are also proud to serve surrounding counties of Shasta, Trinity, Lassen, Butte, and Glenn with the expertise of our well respected providers.
THIS POSITION IS UNDER THE CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH FOR COMPLETE COVID-19 VACCINATION BY 9/30/2021.
Coding Specialist is a nonexempt position responsible for front office and general coding billing duties. Responsible for Coding Audits, Claim, Billing review and compliance.
- Knowledge of billing practices and clinic policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of coding and clinic operating policies.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of health care insurance claim practices and compliance.
- Knowledge of computer systems, programs, and applications.
- Proficient skills in computer programs.
- Skill in using a calculator.
- Ability to understand and interpret policies and regulations.
- Ability to read and interpret medical charts.
- Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with others.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- ICD-10: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical Billing: 1 year (Preferred)