Medical Billing Collector Job Opening
In search of a qualified and driven Collector with a minimum of two years of experience. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Some college, knowledge of medical terminology, EMR system and ICD-10 preferred.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Research and resolution of claims based on Work List assignment, the process of which could include: contacting payers via phone or website, contacting practices, navigating cross-departmentally, claims appeal, issuing refunds and facilitating their direction to Athena CBO for submission, and all other activities that lead to the successful adjudication of eligible claims
- Associated system knowledge with ability to research and resolve in AthenaNet
- Document action taken as necessary
- Communicate to Management any patient/payer billing trend issues.
- Continually strive to promote and maintain exceptional internal and external customer service.
- Review payer bulletins, newsletters and periodicals and attend workshops as necessary and/or directed by Management
- Provide suggestions to improve daily collections workflow and inefficiencies.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS codes and HIPAA laws.
- Other duties as assigned.