Maura Thoenes, PA-C
McKay-Dee Hospital Ogden,UT
Robert Moesinger, MD May 23, 2016 -July 1, 2016
- Observed and assisted in a variety of surgeries:
- General: cholecystectomy, loop ileostomy, colostomy take down, Nissan & Dor fundoplication, hernia repairs, appendectomy
- Ortho: total knee replacement, total knee repair, below the knee amputation, arthroscopy
- Neuro: hematoma evacuation, pituitary microadenoma excision, transsphenoidal cerebrocele resection
- ENT: adenoid & tonsillectomy, myringotomy, partial & total thyroidectomy, parotidectomy, septoplasty
- GYN: endometriosis excision, total hysterectomy, bladder sling, ovarian cystectomy; using Da Vinci Surgical System
- GU: lithotripsy, nephrectomy, varicocelectomy
- Cardio: aortic valve replacement, 4 vessel cabbage
- Plastics: DIEP flap, mastectomy with breast reconstruction
- Attended weekly tumor board meetings with a team of surgeons, radiologists, pathologists, and oncologists.
- Performed pre- and post-op patient evaluations and assessments.
- Closed and dressed suture sites in collaboration with surgical techs
- Helped nurses with pre/post-op moving and positioning of patients
- Accomplishments included first and second assist, laparoscope and use of laparoscopic traction, JP drain placement
Dr. Frank & Dr. McGuckin FM Sanford, ME
Stephanie Williams, PA-C July 4, 2016 -Aug. 12, 2016
- Performed procedures such as: skin tag & seborrheic keratosis removal, cryotherapy, pap smears, and urine dips.
- Completed focused H&Ps on follow-up/acute care visits, as well as comprehensive H&Ps on annual child and adult physicals.
- Diagnosed and managed acute care visits for pneumonia, URls, acute asthma/COPD exacerbations, conjunctivitis, and vertigo.
- Assisted nurses with EKG placement and interpretation.
- Hand wrote exam in classic SOAP note style.
- Shadowed Dr. Frank during local medical examiner case.
Millinocket Regional Hospital Millinocket, ME
Doug Rhoda, PA-C
Aug. 22, 2016 -Sept.30, 2016
- Individually performed detailed H&Ps on emergent, urgent, and nonemergent patients in a small rural emergency room.
- Presented patient findings and assessments to attending clinicians and recommended laboratory or diagnostic imaging.
- Reviewed x-ray and CT imaging of the chest, arm, leg, and abdominal, and brain. Documented findings using Meditech EMR.
- Assessed and managed: OKA, chest pain, orbital cellulitis, pediatric fevers, elderly falls, stroke, and psychiatric conditions.
- Performed procedures such as suturing, hip/shoulder reductions, IV placements, venipuncture, digital/dental blocks, foreign body removal, and ECG placement/interpretation.
- Worked interprofessionally with radiology, laboratory, & nursing staff.