Temporary Clinical Temperature Screeners Job Opening
RN Clinic Manager
Clinical EMR Trainer
Patient Services Representatives
The Clinical Temperature Scanner performs functions of front door COVID-19 screening carrying out all assignments given by the RN Clinic Manager, MD/DO/FNP/PAs. He/she is responsible for adhering to all standards of Nursing Care and promoting teamwork among coworkers.
- Sound knowledge of computers and software programs
- Must be thorough with medical terminology and human anatomy
- Understand Current HIPAA guidelines
- Have outstanding customer service skills even when under pressure
- Able to accurately take routine vital signs
- Assist in minor office procedures
- ensure your work station is clean and efficient
- Must possess good organizational skills
- Must be detail-oriented while working on daily assigned tasks
- Must be a self-starter, ensuring daily duties are completed without constant supervision.
- Must possess the ability to work well in a team environment
- Must have the ability to type a minimum of 35 WPM
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure
- Must have the ability to use discretion while maintaining patient confidentiality
- Must have good communication skills and be caring towards patients
Major Duties And Accountabilities:
- Assesses the health status of patients as they walk in the door.
- Takes temperature and asks about COVID-19 exposure and symptoms to all employees, patients and other personnel as they enter the facility.
- Directs patient to suite or phreesia to check-in for appointments.
- Maintains stock of office supplies, patient supplies, and Medication as needed
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
- Maintains knowledge of resource materials such as medical dictionary, policy/procedure manual, employee handbooks, and organizational chart.
- Complies with policy and procedure manual of the clinic.
- Provides calm, reassuring atmosphere and communicates effectively with patients, staff, physicians, and other guests.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Performs procedures according to the ROMG policies and procedures as noted on skills check list/competency.
- Guest Relations: Demonstrates the highest standards for friendly, courteous and caring interaction with patients, physicians, guests, and fellow employees.
- Safety/Infection Control: Observes all safety rules and practices and encourages safe practices in dealing with all patients, visitors, and employees. Conforms with current infection control policies. Maintains compliance with Cal OSHA safety guidelines.
- Communication: Demonstrates ability to accept and understand instructions, expresses self clearly and concisely.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Is seldom tardy and or absent, Attends mandatory in-service programs and/or committees as assigned.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Demonstrates the ability to cope with pressure, grasp new ideas, methods, and adjust responses to meet the changing work environment.
- Confidentiality: Assures patient and clinic confidentiality. Complies with HIPAA guidelines regarding patient confidentiality and protected health information.
- Independence/initiative: Demonstrates reliability, follow-through, ability to work with minimal supervision, desire and ability to accept additional responsibility.
- Judgment contacts: Makes sound and timely decisions regarding one’s work, personal appearance, and demeanor.
- Equipment operated: Standard office equipment including computers, faxes, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
- Education/Experience: High school diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent work experience. Must have a certificate of completion for a, CNA, Medical Assistant program or have a current certification as a Medical Assistant in the state of California and current CPR certification. One year of clinical experience is preferred. The ability to effectively communicate and follow oral and written instruction is required.
- Physical: Climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, pushing, fingering, feeling with both hands, twisting back, reaching above, at or below shoulder level, eye/hand/foot coordination. Will stand and walk 70-80% of the time. Employee will sit 20-30% of the time and will use physical strength of hands, fingers, arms, legs to move patients or equipment.