The Quality Service Program Liaison Assistant is responsible for supporting strategic Corporate objectives through the successful direction and execution of the Quality Assurance policies. Works closely with the business units to develop and audit processes to ensure compliant high-quality product development and services. Responsible for research, analysis, and documentation of quality approaches pertaining to EHR practices. Accurately documents the status of all Quality Management-related projects and communicates progress to the Leadership Teams. This position will also provide leadership, supervision and guidance to Quality Management staff to ensure maximum team effectiveness and productivity.
- Knowledge of clinic policies and procedures
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Knowledge of multi-line phone system
- General customer service skills
- Basic writing and proofreading skills
- Comprehensive communication skills including oral, written, and non-verbal communication skills
- Effective phone etiquette skills
- Ability to read, understand and record patient and medical information accurately is required
- Ability to communicate information accurately and to respond accurately to questions from coworkers, patients, clients, physicians and the general public is required
- Ability to calculate figures such as balancing drawer and batches
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists is required. Ability to understand and interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and or schedule form is required.
- Ability to effectively communicate and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to type a minimum of 50 WPM
- Will complete the “Orientation Skills Check off List” within three months of employment.
Major Duties and Accountabilities:
- Identifies specific criteria by Third party payer plans; in order to optimize payer incentive program measures.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in developing provider, agency, and facility networks in a public sector network.
- Support Quality Improvement Initiative
- Train staff
- Function as liaison between staff, patients and third party payer representatives and organizations.
- Oversee patient / patient wellness campaigns
- Reduce emergency room visits
- Compiles data and produces documents for distribution system-wide
- Attends meetings, produces and distributes information for those meetings
- Maintains accurate records to trend quality measures
- Others Duties as Assigned by Supervisor
- Customer Service Demonstrates the highest standards for friendly, courteous and caring interaction with patients, physicians, customers, and fellow employees.
- Safety/Infection Control Observes all safety rules and practices and encourages safe practices in dealing with all patients, visitors, and employees. Conforms to current infection control policies
- Communication Demonstrates ability to accept and understand instructions, expresses self clearly and concisely.
- Attendance/Punctuality Is seldom tardy and /or absent. Attends mandatory in-service programs and/or committees as assigned
- Adaptability/Flexibility Demonstrates the ability to cope with pressure, grasp new ideas and methods, and adjust responses to meet the changing work environment.
- Confidentiality Assures patient and clinic confidentiality
- Independence/initiative Demonstrates reliability, follow through, ability to work with minimum supervision, and desire and ability to accept additional responsibility.
- Judgment Contacts Makes sound and timely decisions regarding one’s work, personal appearance, and demeanor
- Emotional Intelligence Maintains basic emotional and social competencies to include self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy, and social skills.
Equipment operated: Standard office equipment including computers, faxes, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
Education/Experience: Bachelor degree in business, healthcare administration or related field or equivalent experience. Employee must have previous experience with providers, agency, and case manager helpful.
Physical: While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and to stand, to manipulate and operate equipment including telephones and computers. Position is 90 percent sitting while the other percent may be walking or standing.