Payroll Specialist Job Opening
Accounts Payable Clerk
The mission of the Payroll Specialist is to effectively administer Payroll and Payroll Costing Reports in such a way as to be cost efficient and instill employee confidence in the processes.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, and systems.
- Knowledge of the English language to include rules of composition and grammar; spelling; punctuation; sentence structure and content; and of word meaning.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel and Word.
- QuickBooks/OnePoint knowledge is a plus
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, patients, organizations and the public.
- Detail oriented and performance driven.
- Exceptional communication, problem resolution and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to work under pressure, communicate and present information.
- Ability to identify problems, recommends solutions, organize and analyze information.
- Ability to use Time keeping software
- Capable of prioritizing job duties and working independently.
- Ability to use Schedule Anywhere software.
Major Duties and Accountabilities:
- Review timecards for accuracy.
- Tracks garnishments, PTO and benefits.
- Reviews, corrects, files and distributes bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll.
- Electronically transmits payroll data to and from HRIS/Payroll platform.
- Maintain manual payroll process
- Verify accuracy of payroll prepared by outside vendor.
- Designs and prepares reports on an as needed basis, prepare payroll summary reports for supervisors.
- Assist in employee enrollment and maintenance in the 401k plan and company benefits.
- Reconcile monthly benefit plan invoices to ensure accuracy of company/employee costs.
- Maintains Payroll Month End Process and Account Reconciliations
- Back up Accounting Specialists in AP duties as needed
- High School Diploma along with previous accounting or bookkeeping experience of approximately 2-5 years and knowledge of Payroll State and Federal Regulations.