THIS POSITION IS UNDER THE CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH MANDATE FOR COMPLETE COVID-19 VACCINATION BY September 30, 2021.
**Sign on bonus- $500 when hired and $500 after 90 days**
Red Oaks Medical Group has been providing Northern California with exemplary medical care for over 60 years. Although its origin was in family practice, Red Oaks Medical Group now provides services in Osteopathic Medicine, Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Pediatrics, Dermatology, Occupational Health, Ear Nose and Throat specialty and Acute Care. Over the years Red Oaks Medical Group has grown its practice to over 30 providers and 75,000 active patients. We are also proud to serve surrounding counties of Shasta, Trinity, Lassen, Butte, and Glenn with the expertise of our well respected providers.
The Patient Advocate/ Privacy Officer is a non-exempt position responsible for working directly with patients and their families to discuss any questions, complaints, comments, concerns or suggestions. He/she advocates for the patient in resolution of concerns. Privacy Officer tasks include but are not limited to investigating and reporting to Dignity Health Compliance Team all privacy concerns as outlined in clinic privacy policies.
Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of medical terminology and practice protocols related to appointment scheduling.
- Knowledge of confidentiality requirements related to patient information.
- Knowledge of medical practice clinical and administrative systems, including financial policies.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, patients, organizations and the public.
- Analyze and flowchart procedures and work flow to achieve optimum efficiency and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate in writing, over the phone and in person with internal and external customers.
- Ability to anticipate, recognize, evaluate, solve problems, and correct errors.
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of clinicians and staff to meet clinic needs.
- Ability to analyze data reports and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to conceptualize workflow, develops plans, and implements appropriate actions.
Equipment operated: Standard office equipment with emphasis on computer hardware and software
Education/Experience: GED or High School Diploma. Preferred Bachelor’s degree in human relations/social services, communications, marketing, or business/health administration. Minimum two years of experience in customer services, with at least six months of experience in health care setting. Patient representative experience preferred. Electronic Health Record experience preferred.
Red Oaks Medical Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 – $25.00 per hour