Commercial Cleaner (Housekeeper – Temporary – Night Shift) Job Opening
This is a nonexempt position responsible for performing commercial cleaning of the healthcare facility and creating customer retention by consistently providing quality service.
Major Duties and Accountabilities:
- Utilize the cleaning checklist to perform all tasks to the standards established by Red Oaks Medical Group. Common tasks include:
- Dust furniture, equipment, partitions, walls, etc.
- Clean and disinfect sinks, countertops, floors, toilet, mirrors, tables, chairs, refrigerators, microwaves, etc. in restrooms, break rooms and/or kitchenettes
- Replenish supplies in restrooms, break rooms and kitchen
- Sweep, mop, vacuum and/or hand scrub floors using brooms, mops and vacuum cleaners
- Empty trash cans and recyclables into disposal areas
- Wipe down walls and woodwork, doors, wall hangings, baseboards, etc.
- Identify potential safety or maintenance issues and communicate them to Manager in a timely manner.
- Arrive to work at scheduled time, perform services to established standards and insure the facility is locked and secured when you finish and leave.
- Handle special requests for Lassen Medical staff as appropriate.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures relating to performance of tasks, use of products or supplies and incident reporting.
Performance Requirements/Position Competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented – pays attention to details at each customer’s location, with extra attention to any special requests.
- Friendly and Professional – able to deal with customers when they are on-site while cleaning is being performed.
- Team player – ability to work within a team where members depend on each other to get work done.
- Self-starter – able to identify work that needs to be done and do it without being instructed to do so.
- Desire to learn, seek new challenges and take on additional responsibilities.
- Reasoning ability. Good common sense with ability to solve practical problems.
- Equipment Operated: standard cleaning equipment.
- Education/Experience: High School Diploma required. Experience in a service environment is preferred, but not required.
- Physical: Physical demands include walking and standing, climbing, bending, kneeling to clean floors by hand, push and pull objects, lift and move objects (including 20 lb vacuum), repetitive bending and lifting, and repetitive arm movements. Travel to / from customers business is required. Uniforms, provided by Red Oaks Medical Group, must be worn during work hours.