Business Office Supervisor
Business Office Manager
Lead Patient Services Representative
Purchasing Support Specialist
Business Office Staff
The Medical Billing Supervisor will work with the Business Office Manager in all aspects of managing the responsibilities for the department including associate hiring, motivation, coaching, development, discipline, customer satisfaction and achievement of key metrics. It is important that someone in this position have the ability to motivate employees to accomplish department and company goals and remain calm during stressful situations, including interpersonal conflicts between team members. Extensive problem-solving capabilities and strong written and verbal communication skills will make this position successful. Employee must attend trainings, meetings and conferences as needed. Business Office Supervisor will be expected to work independently and within a team with little supervision. Employee is expected to pay attention to details, be accurate, be organized and maintain a cooperative persona along with a willingness to assist others.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and practice protocols related to appointment scheduling.
- Knowledge of confidentiality requirements related to patient information.
- Knowledge of medical practice clinical and administrative systems, including financial
policies and reimbursement payment requirements.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Knowledge of healthcare reimbursement and healthcare reform
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, patients, organizations and the public.
- Skills in developing, implementing, and administering budgets.
- Analyze and flowchart procedures and work flow to achieve optimum efficiency and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate in writing, over the phone and in person with internal and external customers.
- Ability to anticipate, recognize, evaluate, solve problems, and correct errors.
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of clinicians and staff to meet clinic needs.
- Ability to analyze data reports and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to conceptualize workflow, develops plans, and implements appropriate actions.
Major Duties and Accountabilities:
- Supervise/Monitor Business Office daily workflow processes
- Act as the first line of communication with the medical billing representatives for questions and customer issue resolution
- Daily monitoring of EHR (Athena) Work Queues, Collector Work Lists
- Take escalated customer calls
- Coach representatives in a positive manner to achieve their individual and department goals
- Conduct periodic quality reviews on office staff
- Complete annual Performance Reviews
- Create and implement activities to motivate team to meet/exceed metrics
- Complete HR/payroll for employees
- New Employee Set-up—Assignment of Trainings
- Enforce HR policies (attendance, dress code, cell phone, etc.)
- Keep HR and management informed of area activities and significant problems
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality pertaining to team member and customer situations
- Adhere to the established policies and procedures of the clinic
- Additional duties as assigned
- Role model for organization’s core values
- Customer Service: Demonstrates the highest standards for friendly, courteous and caring interaction with patients, physicians, customers, and fellow employees.
- Organization and presentation abilities
- Professional presence
- Coaching and teaching/Development of staff
- Communication Demonstrates ability to accept and understand instructions, expresses self clearly and concisely.
- Adaptability/Flexibility Demonstrates the ability to cope with pressure, grasp new ideas and methods, and adjust responses to meet the changing work environment.
- Independence/initiative Demonstrates reliability, follow-through, ability to work with minimum supervision, and desire and ability to accept additional responsibility.
- Emotional Intelligence Maintains basic emotional and social competencies to include self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy, and social skills.
Equipment operated; standard office equipment including computers, faxes, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
This job requires a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of two years of lead or supervisory experience, or equivalent experience in a clinical/medical setting. Employee must be able to demonstrate experience in billing HMO/PPO/EPO, Workers Comp, Medicaid/Medicare/Insurance along with proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Excel and Word.
Work requires physical demands of standing, sitting, bending, lifting, stooping or performing other work requiring light physical exertion (up to 30 lbs.) on an occasional basis (up to 15% of the time) and frequent walking or moderate physical exertion (3050 lbs.) on an intermittent basis (not a routine part of job). Corrected vision and hearing required. Office may
be noisy due to office machine noise.