Business Office Supervisor
The Medical Billing Supervisor will work with the Business Office Manager in all aspects of managing the responsibilities for the department including associate hiring, motivation, coaching, development, discipline, customer satisfaction and achievement of key metrics. It is important that someone in this position have the ability to motivate employees to accomplish department and company goals and remain calm during stressful situations, including interpersonal conflicts between team members. Extensive problem-solving capabilities and strong written and verbal communication skills will make this position successful. Employee must attend trainings, meetings and conferences as needed. Business Office Supervisor will be expected to work independently and within a team with little supervision. Employee is expected to pay attention to details, be accurate, be organized and maintain a cooperative persona along with a willingness to assist others.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and practice protocols related to appointment scheduling.
- Knowledge of confidentiality requirements related to patient information.
- Knowledge of medical practice clinical and administrative systems, including financial policies and reimbursement payment requirements.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Knowledge of healthcare reimbursement and healthcare reform
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, patients, organizations and the public.
- Skills in developing, implementing, and administering budgets.
- Analyze and flowchart procedures and workflow to achieve optimum efficiency and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate in writing, over the phone and in person with internal and external customers.
- Ability to anticipate, recognize, evaluate, solve problems, and correct errors.
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of clinicians and staff to meet clinic needs.
- Ability to analyze data reports and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to conceptualize workflow, develops plans, and implements appropriate actions.
Equipment operated: standard office equipment including computers, faxes, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
Education/Experience: This job requires a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of two years of lead or supervisory experience, or equivalent experience in a clinical/medical setting. Employee must be able to demonstrate experience in billing HMO/PPO/EPO, Workers Comp, Medicaid/Medicare/Insurance along with proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Excel and Word.
Physical: Work requires physical demands of standing, sitting, bending, lifting, stooping or performing other work requiring light physical exertion (up to 30 lbs.) on an occasional basis (up to 15% of the time) and frequent walking or moderate physical exertion (30‑50 lbs.) on an intermittent basis (not a routine part of job). Corrected vision and hearing required. Office may be noisy due to office machine noise.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Covid Vaccine required, medical or religious exemption optional.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Lead or Supervisor: 2 years (Preferred)
- Medical billing: 1 year (Preferred)