Business Office Representative
Business Office Supervisor
Revenue Cycle Manager; Business Office Supervisor
This is a nonexempt entry level position responsible for front office and general clerical billing duties.
- Knowledge of Accounts reconciliation
- Knowledge of Medical insurance Type and Terminology.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective internal and external working relationships.
- Ability to enter accurately data and examine insurance documents.
- Ability to deal courteously with patients, staff, and others.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly.
Major Duties and Accountabilities:
- Primary point of contact for all Business Office telephone encounters.
- Primary point of contact for patients presenting to the front Business Office with billing questions, account inquiries and payments.
- Identifies delinquent accounts, aging period, and payment sources. Processes delinquent unpaid accounts by contacting patients and insurances, or assigning to an outside collection agency in select alpha category.
- Evaluates patient financial status and establishes approved payment plans. Follows and reports status of delinquent accounts.
- Responsible for daily Business Office mailbox pick up and distribution.
- Responsible for daily monitoring and resolution of messages on the Business Office voicemail.
- Works Athena Unpostables correspondence and Remittance
- All other duties as assigned by the Revenue Cycle Manager
- Role model for organization’s core values
- Customer Service: Demonstrates the highest standards for friendly, courteous and caring interaction with patients, physicians, customers, and fellow employees.
- Professional presence
- Communication Demonstrates ability to accept and understand instructions, expresses self clearly and concisely.
- Adaptability/Flexibility Demonstrates the ability to cope with pressure, grasp new ideas and methods, and adjust responses to meet the changing work environment.
- Independence/initiative Demonstrates reliability, followthrough, ability to work with minimum supervision, and desire and ability to accept additional responsibility.
- Emotional Intelligence Maintains basic emotional and social competencies to include self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy, and social skills.
Equipment operated: standard office equipment including computers, faxes, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalent.
Physical: Involves sitting approximately 90 percent of the day, walking or standing the remainder.